Good morning! This weekend was one of those rare weekends that everything just comes together. My family took a trip up to the Great White North to visit us and although I failed at taking many quality pictures, I did capture a few things that made me happy about this weekend (besides sharing quality time with loved ones of course).
- House warming gifts in my favorite color. I love green/blue/teal. And I love baking. And I love Valentine’s day. So these towels and dishes from my parents were a wonderful surprise housewarming gift.
- Furry family members coming along for the road trip
- Brunch! We tried a new-to-us restaurant on Sunday morning to celebrate my sister’s birthday and the food was incredible. The restaurant was called Trattoria Aroma, and if you’re ever in the north towns of Buffalo it’s definitely worth the stop.
- Valentine’s Day cookies. I made these sugar cookies and they are the BEST cookie recipe I think I have ever tasted. I would argue that they give Eat n’ Park a run for their money. And they’re easy to decorate with this royal icing recipe.
- Engagement picture canvases. I found a Groupon and got an awesome deal on these canvases from canvasonsale.com. They came in the mail on Saturday and I was so pumped to get them up. (The canvases turned out awesome and the picture quality was great… but does anyone actually pay the full prices listed on that site??).
And on that note, I suppose it’s back to the grind. Do we really have the Monday already?
Anything good happening over the weekend in your neck of the woods?
Is anyone else super into Valentine’s Day decorations?