Good morning, friends!
Yesterday morning I made this delicious bread with a recipe I adapted from ambitious kitchen. (I have made the original before and it is delicious!) There are tons of awesome recipes and amazing pictures on her blog. But I wanted to use whole wheat flour along with a few other ingredients that I already had.
Cherry Coconut Chia Seed Banana Bread
– 1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 3/4 tsp baking soda
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 3 ripe mashed bananas
– 1 Tbsp coconut oil
– 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
– 2 tsp vanilla extract
– 1 egg
– 1/4 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt (I used Fage 0%)
– 2 Tbsp unsweetened almond coconut milk
– 1 cup frozen dark sweet cherries (I let them sit out to thaw a little while I prepped)
– 1/2 cup sweetened coconut
– 2 Tbsp chia seeds
Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease 9 inch loaf pan. In a large bowl combine the dry ingredient and mix well (whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt).
Beat together bananas, coconut oil, brown sugar, vanilla extract, egg, yogurt, and almond coconut milk.
Mix in the dry ingredients and blend until well mixed.
Add cherries, coconut, and chia seeds and fold into mixture.
Transfer the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 65 minutes.
I enjoyed mine again this morning with a glass of OJ, 2 hardboiled eggs, and coffeeeee